The automate.it ultra™ is an ultrasonic tank and flushing station designed to fit on the deck of most liquid handling systems for cleaning disposable tips, needles and pins.
Simply activate the station and lower the tips into the bath. Typical cleaning times are 30 seconds or lower. Cleaning solvents can be water, water/solvent mixtures (solvents include alcohol, DMSO etc.). Chemically resistant pump heads can be supplied. Detergents such as Tween and Triton can be added to speed up the cleaning process.
The cleaning bath is supplied with a flushing station equipped with peristaltic pumps for filling, draining and flushing the tank. This flushing station also contains the ultrasonic generator, which is connected to the tank via a detachable cable enabling it be mounted under the bench, if required. The ultrasonic cleaner is controlled via a USB connection and simple software interface.
We supply ultrasonic tip wash systems as an OEM to one of the largest manufacturers of liquid handlers.
The tip wash device can be used with almost any brand of liquid handler.
ANSI/SLAS footprint – mounts on the deck of most liquid handling stations.
Unique weir provides constant liquid level – meaning tips are always washed consistently to the same depth and spillage is eliminated.
The Flushing Station minimises the chance of cross-contamination, constantly recharging the system with clean flush solution.
- USB controlled – no expensive i/o cards required
- Combined with IonField Systems – For absolute surety of zero cross-contamination automate.it ultra can be combined with IonField Systems’ TipCharger plasma cleaning technology. Results show that tips can be cleaned 100X.
- Easy to integrate – simple software control – automate.it ultra provides low level control of ultrasonic power, fill and drain pumps. Higher level commands fully automate the cleaning process. Control of automate.it ultra is via a simple to use executable, Windows command line or by PAA’s Overlord3 laboratory automation control and scheduling software.
Contact us for more details
Construction: Marine Grade Stainless Steel construction
Weir Overflow: To provide constant level
Footprint: Standard SBS microplate
Tank volume: 340ml
Dimensions: Maximum overall dimensions (measured at weir): length 156mm, width 115mm, height 81mm. Internal dimensions of tank: length 114mm, width 74.5mm, minimum depth 40mm
Ultrasonic generator unit: Ultrasonic generator unit (remote up to 2m)
Control Input: USB
Interface Software: Interface software supplied and Overlord™ driver available – can be controlled from any liquid handling software – independent control of pumps and ultrasonic power
Power supply: 220/240V, 110V
Compliance: CE marked
Supplied with: Liquid flushing station containing filling and emptying peristaltic pumps; pump tubing 4m; can be supplied with silicone, Norprene™ or Viton™ pump tubing to handle most solvents; cables; IQ protocols; user manual
Ultrasound is the most efficient mode of cleaning both plastic pipette tips and metal pin sets.
- in High Throughput Screening, Genomics and Proteomics you dispense volumes down to 50nL through 384 or 1536 channel nanodispenser heads. You can only clean these pins/tips properly if you use ultrasonic cleaning.
- irrespective of whether you use disposable heads or nanodispenser heads this device offers enhanced cleaning of your fixed and disposable tips.
- we supply ultrasonic tip wash systems as an OEM to one of the largest manufacturers of liquid handlers.
- automate.it ultra was originally developed to be used on the deck of the PerkinElmer range of MPD’s to facilitate the washing of the 384- channel tip head.