S-CEL Features and Benefits
S-CEL is our prestige range of laboratory robotic workcell enclosures
S-CEL robotic workcell systems are designed for cell based science and other demanding biotechnology applications. With modular workcells, options for various enclosures, and environmental control, S-CEL systems are tailored to your individual needs. Rectangular and hexagonal designs are available.
3D-modelling is used to design, simulate the operation of the work cell, manage the production and document the system. This ensures that an optimum design is reached quickly, the workcell is manufactured efficiently and that rework is eliminated, providing a cost effective solution and short delivery time.
All systems comply with all European and international safety legislation regarding the safe use of robots
and other pharmaceutical equipment CE and ETLus certificates provided.
Connect docking station increases flexibility
- Increases the productivity of high value equipment ensuring maximum return on investment
- Seamless integration of third-party equipment
- True plug-and-play docking of instruments using connect, enabling your instruments
to be used in multiple applications
- Benefit from full 360˚ unrestricted access to the system for instrument calibration and servicing
- With S-CEL capable of running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – science never stops
- S-CEL is powered by Overlord, PAA’s advanced scheduling and control software allows the widest range range of robots and instruments to be incorporated into the workcell
- Overlord incorporated powerful error recovery – minimizing downtime
- Overlord allows batches of samples to be queued, multiple assays to be run – all through a simple user interface
- Use the Harmony touch screen interface for intuitive workcell control
- Safe to use with easy access
- Ideal for cell based science applications – cell line development
- Instant emergency stop on incursion into the workcell (interlocked doors or light curtains)
- Reliable safety system conforming to all relevant safety standards
- Emergency stops mounted strategically around the enclosure
- Safety and/or environmental enclosure (user protection/sample protection) options available
- TRESPA chemically resistant bench tops
- S-CEL can be monitored and controlled remotely with the latest camera technology and web-based access
Safecel is available in a number of versions
- Safecel – interlocked doors and Plexiglas screens
This Safecel offers complete protection from all moving equipment.
- Safecel L – light curtain protection.
Safecel L provides light curtain protection surrounding the working area. Break the light curtain and the robot stops instantly. This is quicker and safer than reaching for the e-stop. The light curtain provides full access to the system, when the robot is not operating.
- Safecel H – environmental control / Class 2 protection
Safecel H has fully interlocked doors, with integrated environmental control. Safecel H guarantees sample preparation in a controlled environment. This type of workcell can incorporate an exhaust hood incorporating a HEPA filter to protect the user from biological contamination (CLASS 2 protection).
Safebench 1000 is a rugged bench system for instrument or automated instrument in your laboratory.
Key features of the Safebench
- Standard bench for an instrument and robot GE Healthcare IN Cell 2000/2200/6000
- Rugged and stable
- Mobile or stationary (wind down feet)
- 400kg max weight (feet down position)
- TRESPA® chemically resistant and heavy duty bench top, facilitates easy cleaning
Safebench bolts to existing instruments/benches
- Robustly supports laboratory robots and instruments
- Use an PAA KVM accessory, Overlord laboratory automation software, automate instruments to support the PC peripherals
- Lock together with strong locating catch and handle and/or spigot to connect utilities
Add an enclosure
- Enclosure are built on standard S-CEL designs
- Use an PAA KVM accessory, Overlord laboratory automation software, to support the monitor and other PC peripherals
- Lock together with strong locating catch and handle
Find out how the safebench 1000 can intergrate into your laboratory
Please contact us for further information.
Whether your application is: • automated ELISA • sample preparation • cell based assays • drug discovery • DNA sample preparation, there is a Safecel option for you!
Connect instrument docking system
Connect™ docking system – the instrument mobility solution for busy laboratories!
Connect instrument docking systems enable you to maximise your investment in expensive instruments by using them in multiple applications. Easily remove the high-value instrument from the workcell for use elsewhere. When finished return them to their original without having to reteach the robot.
Connect Features and Benefits
- Add and remove instruments from your robotic workcell in seconds
- Easily remove an instrument from a PAA S-CEL™ for; standalone operation, use in another workcell or for maintenance
- Add flexibility to your workcell – retask by changing the instrumentation
- Compressed air/ nitrogen, water, power and communications are connected automatically
- Self-locating and self-levelling – just push the cart in and press the ‘Connect button’
- No reteaching of robot positions required after cart removal and reattachment
- Automatic cart identification – fully compatible with Overlord software
- Re-configuring your system for different assays is easy – simply wheel up the instrument you require and ‘Connect’!
- No trip hazard with unsightly floor mounted docking stations
- Robust carts support the heaviest instruments (e.g. PerkinElmer ViewLUX, Forté Bio Octet)
Connect™ instrument docking system
The Connect docking system consists of a removable Connect cart (holding the instrument) and a docking station (located in the automation workcell or standalone location). Connect automatically connects all communications and utilities to the instrument and locking the instrument accurately in position so that you don’t have to reteach the robot. Connect docking systems can support any automatable instrument. Connect enables you to make the most of your valuable instrumentation using them in multiple workcells or other locations. It also enables to you re-purpose your workcell by easily changing the instrumentation. Instruments are easily removed for servicing and returned to the workcell when they are ready for use. We have supplied Connect docking systems to support a number of high-value instruments:
- Labcyte Echo 550/555
- HighRes Biosystems Microserve
- GE Healthcare IN Cell 2000/2200/6000
- Forté Bio Octet
- Synentec NyOne
Carts can be supplied with a UPS to keep the instrument powered-up when moving the cart.
Connect cart wall docking stations
- Wall docking stations allow the instrument to be used in manual mode.
Connect cart instrument turntables
- This optional turntable allows the instrument to be rotated for easy access, when it is removed from the workcell.
- Release the lock, rotate the instrument and lock in the 180° position to access the instrument rear panel.
Connect 7000 carts
- Simpler cart system that offers mechanical connections only.
- Can include KVM (keyboard/vdu/mouse) support accessory.
Find out how Connect will improve into your laboratory operations
Please contact us for further information.