Make the most of high-content screening with tight data integration
High-content screening produces vast amount of data. In order to benefit from this the data needs to be reproducible, traceable and understandable. It is clear that fully integrated systems must factor in not just physical automation but comprehensive data handling – and it is vital that suppliers of automated systems effectively respond to these needs.
PAA’s Safecel™ approach to automated cell based screening uses state of the art automation hardware. This is integrated with PAA’s Overlord™ advanced scheduling software, which not only controls the operation of the workcell but also provides comprehensive data handling, allowing information interchange between the work cell, databases (including ActivityBase®) and visualization software such as Spotfire®.
- This Safecel cell line system handles 400 plates per day, allowing more projects to be run in parallel – cell seeding, hit picking (antibody expression), re-plating and storage.
- Modular construction provides ultimate reliability and simplicity of operation
- Exactly repeatable processing provides highly reproducible data
- Target selection is based on user selectable criteria generating reliable quality hits
- Class 2 containment – maintains product quality and provides operator safety
- Intuitive touch screen operation is ideal for users with minimal training
- Overlord provides tight control of incubation times, standardising conditions for reliable results
- Overlord schedules the processing of multiple; plate batches, cell lines and compounds
- Provides full two-way data interchange – miss nothing
- Provides a full inventory and electronic audit trail for entire process
- Other applications of Safecel technology include; transfection, kinetic imaging and activity assays
Why data handling in automated cell based assays should be a priority